multiphase solid body motion related tutorials

hello,

What can be some tutorials which will help to simulate a solid object moving with a prescribed motion inside an open tank of liquid (paint) with a free surface? This will eventually be used for automotive e-coating simulation.

I tentatively see main>11_floating example can be something to look at. Is ther any tutorial which can give a prescribed motion of a solid translating and rotating in a tank? What can be a multiphase 3D tutorial that can be used with this?

Comments

• Hi,

If the motion is imposed, then you should be using "examples\motion".

I haven't tested but motion imposition should work with non newtonian fluid

Kind regards

• Examples of external motion can be also found in:

examples\main\05_SloshingTank

examples\main\07_WavemakerFile

• thanks. I will explore.

• hello,

If we want a translational motion along with rotational motion, can we create an external .dat or.csv file containing time vs. translation vs. euler angle?

Or do we need to create two different files with time vs. translation and time vs. euler angle and read those two files for the same body simultaneously?

From the examples, my understanding is I have to use two files. Please let me know if only one file could be used?

• Hello,

any suggestion on the question above, till now I was not able to find a way to prescribe time vs. translational and rotational motion through a single external file.

Thanks