Domain changes when i run the simulation

I am using DualSPhysics to run a rain simulation on one of my models. I am facing an issue with the outer domain which is being applied in the DualSPhysics rain simulation. The definition for the outer domain maximum point on the Y-Axis is Y=3.3. The units are defined in meters in the script itself. However, when I run the .xml script, the co-ordinate on the y-axis changes to Y=3.082. Due to this change, my water injection points end up outside the domain. I am not sure why I am facing this issue. What could be the possible cause for the domain to change its position? Please note that the top most point of my CAD in the Y axis = 3.082m.

Comments

• Hello,

If no particules are generated during gencase in the range Y from 3.082 to 3.3, the code will detect it and restrict the domain to 3.082.

More simply, the simulation domain is recalculated to only cover where particules are generated. It is a FAQ question:

Either you use the domain option, or you simply add some particule to ensure the doamin is large enough.

Kind regards

• More information about this can be found in XML_GUIDE_v5.0.pdf (DualSPHysics_v5.0\doc\guides) on pages 19, 20, 142 and 147