FreeCAD DesignSPHysics Macro

Hello,

I'm interested in visualizing some results in FreeCad like in the video tutorials.

I have downloaded the software, but when I follow the instructions in the GitHub to get the DesignSPHysics addon, it is not in the list of FreeCAD addons. I also attempted to do it manually by downloading the designsphysics.py into the /DesignSPHysics-master/mod folder of FreeCAD, but when I execute it in the "Execute Macros" window, I get an error message on the bottom saying something about no module named html in line 10 of the .py code.

Does anyone know how to get the DesignSPHysics addon to show up in FreeCAD or how I can get around the .py error?

Thanks,

Sandra

Comments

• Hi Sandra!

If you want to visualize results another option would be to load vtk files directly into Paraview. You can also go through DualSPHysics_v5.0\doc\help to see how for example you can generate vtk's using MeasureTool, BoundaryVTK etc.

For FreeCad add-on, I think you need to make sure you are using the exact FreeCad version the macro was developed for AND perhaps try an older release of the macro as well to see if that helps.

Kind regards