chrono: Periodic open boundary condition

Dear all,

I already set a large domain, but the solid particles still fell down from the open lateral boundary. What should I notice when uising Chrono with periodic boundary condition to avoid this?

With best regards.

Comments

• When the solid particle moves from one slide to another in open lateral boundary, it always exceeded the -Z llimit(bottom limit) of the simulation domaion. I wonder what I should pay attention to?

• Can you let us know what is the error message? the whole information that appears, please

Regards

• Hi,

I have been trying to simulate a ball rolling in a platform from one side to another with periodic open boundary condition. When the ball appears from another side, it looks like sinking into the boundary soon.

• What is happening is not a problem of periodicity, it is a problem of collision detection between the object and the bottom.

You have to be sure that objects include normals in the correct directions, since normals will be used to detect collision.

I have not checked your case, but I am pretty sure that you have to invert normals of the bottom surface:

<bodyfloating id="cube1" mkbound="51" modelfile="AutoActual" />

<bodyfixed id="tank" mkbound="0" modelfile="AutoActual" modelnormal="invert" />

Please check the documentation we have for this:

1) Pages 4-7 of XML_GUIDE_CHRONO.pdf in DualSPHysics_v5.0\doc\guides

2) Check the file DamBreak1Cube_Def.xml in DualSPHysics_v5.0\examples\chrono\07_DamBreakCubes

• Hi,Alex

Thanks for your help.

I tried to invert normals of the bottom surface, but it didn't help.

I checked the file DamBreak1Cube_Def.xml in DualSPHysics_v5.0\examples\chrono\07_DamBreakCubes. Then I added the periodic condition to it and it failed either.

• I can not download the zip file... this time gives an error.

Can you send an email to us: dualsphysics@gmail.com

Regards

• Sorry, I reuploaded the zip file.

• I see the problem now

Please can you email us to dualsphysics@gmail.com so we will take a look in detail

Regards