CATIA stl file not working

Hi,

I have following issue:

When generating an stl file to be used with DualSPHysics I get an error message "The limits of the initial case cannot be calculated from a file PART".

I can make it work when I load the CATIA stl file into FreeCAD and export it again as stl. This seems to be a valid workaround but I cannot understand why I cannot use the CATIA stl file directly as stl is a standard interface definition and there should be intercompatibility.

Comments

• Ok, I found out myself why it does not work. Standard CATIA stl procedure will save the stl in ASCII and not in binary as required by DualSPHysics.

There is a way to convert the stl file to binary format within CATIA but which needs some advanced CATIA competencies (may be better for the mesh quality though).

• You could also potentially load in your stl in Blender and then re-export it in binary. Requires no external paid software or add-ons.

Kind regards

• Thanks, Asalih3d.

Meanwhile I found a cheap work around similar to that what you propose that is opening the CATIA stl file in FreeCAD and then export it as binary stl format.