List of parameters or options that need better explanation

Dear all

@sph_tudelft_nl @Asalih3d @TPouzol

We can find many issues in the forum about new parameters or old ones that are not properly defined or documented and you are totally right....

Therefore I would like to create some list here where you can paste all the parameters or XML options that need a better explanation so we will try to include all that documentation....

So please I invite you all to paste here all of them since I think that if we have all in the same post, it will be easy for us when we work on that to check all together. Note that we work on documentation only from time to time...

Thank you all

Comments

• Awesome initiative. I will start with one of the simplest ones.

Some Parameters are not used if ...

One uses "_" or "#" infront of the variable tag. This can be quite confusing, since "#" is now being used to define a math field and not only comments.

Suggestion to solve this issue, just the program outputting a line, "_masslimit" was not applied etc.

Issue discovered in https://forums.dual.sphysics.org/discussion/1918/direction-of-relaxationzones-for-uniform-velocity-profile#latest

roundposx and its y and z versions

I don't know exactly what they do, but they work well for aligning grid points for mDBC sometimes. Sometimes not. Trial and error from my side.

• Thanks, happy to help. (sorry for the delay)

MeasureTool: kc dummy

kcdummy accepts "-kcdummy:NaN", output is "nan" in csv files

kcdummy not available for elevation

MeasureTool: turbulent kinetic energy

how is it computed ? Application condition, relevance, signification...

FileBoxes

In my experience, points must be in a specific order: counter-clockwise bottom then up