debug v2.0 source code in Win7 VS2010 .NET 4.0 64bit machine

edited July 2013 in Old versions
hi, my machine is Win7 VS2010 .NET 4.0 64bit. I downloaded the DualSPHyscs_v2.0_SourceFiles_windows. I can compile the source code and build the executable file (DualSPHysicsCPU_win64.exe) successfully and run it on test cases with good results. No problem there. But I do have trouble entering the debugging mode of the code in VS2010, .NET 4.0. Anytime when I click "start debugging", it says "Loaded 'DualSPHysicsCPU_win64.exe', Binary was not build with debug information", followed by a lot of lines saying "Loaded 'xxxxx.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file". And if I use "step into" directly, it shows "No Source Available. No symbols are loaded for any call stack frame. The source code cannot be displayed." Does anyone know how to enter into debug mode of the code in VS2010? One more information I want to share is that I only wanner CPU version, so I defined _ONLY_CPU in the code, however, I did install the CUDA5.0, otherwise the code doesn't allow me to compile. I am not sure if this matters here. I will really appreciate if someone can help me here. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Still me. I want to add more info about my file configuration: in Property->Debugging, I already put the "CaseDambreak_out/CaseDambreak –svres –cpu" as Command Arguments. And I put the CaseDambreak_out directory both in the /Run directory where exe is built and the solution directory for safe. In command line, in the /Run directory, if I type "DualSPHysicsCPU_win64.exe CaseDambreak_out/CaseDambreak -svres -cpu", the code can run successfully. So I think it is really a "debug mode" problem, not a "path" problem.
  • Hi, pkpan,

I have had the similar problem like. Later, I find debug can work in releaseCPU. Please click this site for the configuration http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/vstudio/fsk896zz.aspx

• Please be aware of our release these days and report us if the problem still appears.

Alex