Specify different floatings to fall at different timesteps

Hello, I want to specify different floatings to fall at different timesteps, how can I do it?

Comments

• Hi,

I think you are aware of the ftpause option :

<parameter key="FtPause" value="0" comment="Time to freeze the floatings at simulation start (warmup) (default=0)" units_comment="seconds" />

unfortunately, it works on all the floatings and (from my experience) cannot be used with chrono.

IMO, there is no simple method to do what you want to achieve.

The only way I know is to trap the floatings inside boxes and to open doors whenever you want with "motion". It is pretty "brute force", but can work.

Good luck

• Thank you for your suggestions, @TPouzol . That is a pretty "brute force" method just as you said. This method will introdue much unnecessary computation. Morever, I found that the predifined motion for objects is not support for intreaction computation when combined witn Chrono. So I want to try some modification on the source codes. But I  don't know where to start. Can someone give me some ideals?

• New release v5.0 will include the option of imposing external velocities to floating objects, also in combination with CHRONO.

In addition, some pauses can also be applied to different floating objects.

Examples of this can be found in: https://youtu.be/aGXNrSqYFMk

• edited March 2020

Thanks for your attention, @Alex. And I want to know where I can download the release of v5.0.

Another question is that if I can input new floatings into the model during simulation.

• That'll be a nice feature !! Thanks

• First question: we plan to release the code before summer...

Second question: That is too much so far ;)

• So I am pretty looking forward to the release of v5.0. Thanks,

• edited May 2020

I have done some simple modifications on the codes and realize the

commands that different floatings fall at different TimeStep.

• Awesome to hear! Could you share the video on YouTube if possible?

Kind regards