5th International DualSPHysics Users Workshop
This is a new announcement for the “5th International DualSPHysics Users Workshop”, to be held at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya - BarcelonaTech, in Barcelona (Spain) on 23rd-25th March 2020.
These workshops are designed to be a very informal meeting occasion, ideal for a constructive exchange of ideas, to learn about DualSPHysics and get involved with the project.
Don’t miss this event, which will include:
- Beta release of new version 5.0 exclusive for workshop participants.
- Keynotes given by developers explaining all these novelties of version 5.0.
- Practical sessions for user and developer levels.
- Presentations by delegates shown strengths and limitations when using DualSPHysics.
More information on: https://dual.sphysics.org/5thusersworkshop/workshop/programme
Release of beta version 5.0 of DualSPHysics package
The new version will include the following novelties:
- Coupling with MoorDyn library (http://www.matt-hall.ca/moordyn.html).
- New functionalities in the coupling with Project Chrono (https://projectchrono.org/).
- New density diffusion term (DDT).
- New rheology models, non-Newtonian formulations and multiphase flows.
- New boundary conditions: Modified Dynamic Boundary Conditions (MDBC).
- New stand-alone wave generation algorithm employing inlet/outlet conditions (WaveInlet).
- Improved documentation: XML_GUIDE for Inlet/Outlet, Chrono, MoorDyn, Rheological.
Two different practical sessions will be organised the first day:
- Session 1 for users: Running test cases with graphical interface (https://design.sphysics.org/).
- Session 2 for developers: How to modify the source code: which files and functions to edit, compiling and running.
Abstracts for presentation
All delegates are encouraged to submit a 1-page abstract by 13th December 2019 if they wish to present their work. Instructions for abstract submission can be found at: https://dual.sphysics.org/5thusersworkshop/workshop/instructions-for-authors
Journal Special Issue
In addition, contributions of delegates may be selected for possible publication in a special issue of the journal Computational Particle Mechanics (https://link.springer.com/journal/40571), “Latest Developments and Application of SPH using DualSPHysics”.
The early bird rate (until 20th February 2020) is 230 € (180€ for students), which will include all refreshments during the whole event, lunch and dinner on the 24th March 2020.
Further details on registration fees and procedure can be found at https://dual.sphysics.org/5thusersworkshop/workshop/registration
All the information is available at https://dual.sphysics.org/5thusersworkshop/