H5Part

edited November 2012 in Old versions
Hi,

I'd like to modify the src of
DualSPHysics_v2.0 in order to write outputs using the H5Part format.
(vis.lbl.gov/Research/H5Part/).

I am trying to adapt how VTK files are written but there's a dependency with libjformatfiles2_64.a :
at line 318 of JSph.cpp : if(SvData&SDAT_Vtk)JFormatFiles2::ParticlesToVtk.
=> not sure what's happening inside that call.

I am also trying to compile DualSPHysics on a MAC OSX Lion (10.7.5) but i can't because the precompiled libs are not available for the mac :

nvcc => Cuda compilation tools, release 5.0, V0.2.1221
g++ => gcc version 4.8.0 20120603 (experimental) (GCC)
g++ -g -fopenmp -lgomp main.o Functions.o JCfgRun.o JDivideCpu.o JException.o JLog.o JObject.o JPartData.o JSpaceCtes.o JSpaceEParms.o JSpaceParts.o JSph.o JSphCpu.o JVarsAscii.o -o dualsphysics -L./CSCS -ljxml_64 -ljformatfiles2_64 -ljsphmotion_64

ld: warning: ignoring file ./CSCS/libjxml_64.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): ./CSCS/libjxml_64.a
ld: warning: ignoring file ./CSCS/libjformatfiles2_64.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): ./CSCS/libjformatfiles2_64.a
ld: warning: ignoring file ./CSCS/libjsphmotion_64.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): ./CSCS/libjsphmotion_64.a

=> Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
"JSphMotion::ProcesTime(float, float)", referenced from:
JSph::LoadPartBegin() in JSph.o

Would it be possible to get the src of the precompiled libraries ?

--
CSCS - www.cscs.ch
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
National Supercomputing Service Group

Comments

• I'm in a similar situation. I have a mac at home and a linux workstation at the office.

Having the source for the precompiled libraries would really be a great help, especially now that I'm aware that output formats require a call from there.

Thanks!
  • Please email Jose Dominguez (jmdalonso@gmail.com) for this specific questions and he will reply you ASAP.
  • I've contacted him, still waiting for an answer.
  • edited February 2013
    We have prepare the source files to be compiled for linux and windows, we have not considered the possibility of MAC OS...

On the other side, if you want to create a new output with the format of H5PART, you do not need to change the precompiled libraries. You only have to create a new function that starting from the arrays with particle data, can generates the file in your given format. The same as done for the cases of CSV, VTK, ASCII...

Best regards