Problems when I use IsoSurface4.exe

edited May 2019 in DualSPHysics v4.2
Hi all,

Does anyone encounter the same problem in the following pictures? When I use IsoSurface to extract the iso-surfaces, but many holes exist in the iso-suface pictures.

Best

Comments

• Hi, what kind of particles are you using ? It looks a lot like some problems I had with sediments.
    Cheers
  • Yes, the sediment particles.
  • In my case the sediments formed over time. If you export particles rather than isosurface, you should witness some strange behavior.
    In my case the problem was not with isosurface, but with the sediment model.
    @gfourtakas who is the main developer of the multiphase code (I think), is aware of this problem. I don't know if there is news on this front.

cheers
  • Perhaps @jmdalonso can help here

Regards
  • Maybe I can say something if you send me the case to reproduce these results.

Best regards
  • Thanks @jmdalonso, I will send you the case setup.
  • The IsoSurface tool was designed for fluid so it is normal that it does not work fine for sediments. Anyway, you can define a special mass limit to create the isosurface of sediment particles.

For example:
    IsoSurface4.exe -dirin . -saveiso isofluid -onlymk:1 //-For fluid.
    IsoSurface4.exe -dirin . -saveiso isosediment -onlymk:2 -isovar:mass:0.00025 //-For sediments since the mass of fluid particle is 0.001 and density of sediments is 2000.

You are using floating bodies in this simulation and I do not think the interaction between floating bodies and sediment particles is correct. Please ask to @gfourtakas

Best regards
  • Thank your very much @jmdalonso.