How to Store Redrawn MK in SHAPEOUT vtk?

edited April 2019 in DualSPHysics v4.4
Following the example from RedrawComplex.xml and the REDRAW section of XML_GUIDE_v4.4.pdf, I am redrawing the top of a prism (mk=51) with a new mk (mk=52):

actual | bound

The change in mk at the top of the prism is reflected in Case_Bound.vtk, but not in Case_Actual.vtk, and as such, I cannot get the top (where mk=52) to be treated as a separate floating/DEM/chrono object.

Is there a way to include the redrawn mk value in the object vtk file (Case_Actual.vtk)?

TOPICS:
#redraw #shapeout #mk #gencase

Comments

• Only when you draw a geometry (boxes, prisms, triangles...)... that geometry is in Case_Dp and Case_Actual.
    The result of oher operations such as redraw or fillbox are not shown in those files _Dp and _Actual.

Regards
  • Many thanks, Alex! Since I suspect this is something others might want to do either now or in the future, I'll find a workaround and will post it here.

If I can't accomplish it via GenCase operations, I have a series of Python codes for manipulating CaseXML, and one of them should do the trick. At some point I'd like to organize the codes I use to manipulate CaseXML beyond what is practical to do with GenCase, and I'll share them with the forum users via a GitHub repository.
  • That would be amazing...
    Jose and Orlando can help you with that

Alex