error occur when i programing particle refinement

Hello, everyone.
Recently,i want to achieve the particles refinement technique in this paper: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0021999114004033.
But some error occurs:
1. SetArraySize. saying some are used. I deal this error by allocate a big size in ConfigDomain(). Don't know whether that would cause other error. Anyway, not yet at least.
2. some particles excluded with unknown reason. when particles leave the refinement region, the daugther particles should be erased. So, i deal that particles like the rhopout particles. But it still saying exclued with unknown reason and run exception.
3. boundary particles excluded. I did' t figure out what caused this error, physic problem or not.

ask for any advise. Thanks a lot.
jojojojoost.

Comments

• water partilces flow out of the bottom
  • What are the changes you have implemented in the code?
    Note that the implementation of particle refinement will lead to many changes...
  • Thanks Alex,
    fortunately, i solved the problem. it can run without exception now. But i want to know how the excluding process work. i treat the splitted particles who leaves the refinement area just like the rhopout particles.(just for simple, i think) But i found they still exist in fluid.vtk .
    So, i think if it is neccessary to exclude splitted particles in memory.

• @jojoost Do you think this refinement can apply to water entry problems as well? I face similar problems to improve acuracy while not make analysis too heavy.
  • @James Ahhh.i think this question is out of my current knowledge. Actually, i did not know the word "SPH" till last two month. But i know somebody have already did that work, entry. P.N.Sun.you can sreach his paper.(or keyowrd:deltaplus) an entry example in his dissertation paper,but it is in chinese.