error : A boundary particle was excluded

Hi guys:

@Alex
@TPouzol
@mtmtmt

When I make simulations I always get an error like this:

And then I check the file "error_boundaryout.vtk"

I find that some particles of floating have penetrated into the boundary:

So I want to know how to correct the problem.
Is it relatived to the material paramters ,such an modules? Or some other reasons.

Hope for advices and need help.

dong

Comments

• This might be a stupid suggestion, but did you try making your boundary layer thicker? So that it is at least 3 particles thick.
  • @Alex
    I have read the Q_12. I am sure that the domain of my model is large enough and the minimum of z is -0.2m and the z position of the particle which excluded from boundary is 0.0 .
    From the picture we can see the particle of floating just penetrate into the boundary and do not over the domain .

best regards

dong
  • @bladomas1
    Thanks for your reply and I will take a try.
    But which parameter need to be modified in the model. I have never notice this parameter.
    Could you tell me directly. Thank you so much.

Regards

dong
  • Hi,
    Which time scheme integration are you using ? Have you tried Simpletic ?
    Regards
  • Please paste here the XML (as an image) so that we can see if sthg looks wrong

Regards
  • There is no setting as such to make your boundary layer bigger. You just have to import at 3d model and make sure it is filled. Import one so that you have 3 particles of width.
  • @dong As already mentioned there is no setting for making the boundary layer bigger. What you can do is import the boundary layer 3 times, and off-set two of the layers by 1 dp and 2 dp. So for example you place one layer at z=0, and dp=0.005. Then place the next later at z=-0.005 and the last one at z=-0.01. This way you can create a thicker layer. This of course is not the most efficient route, but if you cannot use the "fill" method this will work.