Total force - viscous force - pressure force

Hi!

In DualSPHysics I am able to extract the total force using compute forces on a moving object. Is it possible to find out how much of this force is composed of viscous forces and how much is by pressure forces, like in OpenFoam?

Kind regards

Comments

• Not possible now, but if it is interesting for more people, perhaps we can split it.
  • So, does the cimputeforce calculate the total force?

How can we separate it? Would you mind please explain or introduce a paper?
  • @Alex thanks for your answer.
    It would be very nice to have it split, since sometimes it is very interesting to see which type of force contributes most - for basic applications it is pretty easy to spot, but for more advanced simulations it would be very beneficial. I have a simple case which I would love to email you if you know a possible "quick and dirty" solution to splitting the forces.

@amir refer to the user guide page 79 and PostprocessingCalculations_v4.2.pdf. Basically the force is calculated as the momentum the fluid exerts on the boundary wall. NOTE that for FLOATING objects, ONLY the bouyant force is calculated (ie. mass * g is NOT included). Why this is done in this way I do not know, but just to make you aware of it.
  • Yeah, @amir,@Asalih3d, @Alex, it would be very helpful if we can split the contribution part from pressure and the contribution from viscous stress.