particle drop

I am simulating a wavemaker domain, but at the beginning of the simulation all the particles drop, and the water level became about half! I have just played with dualsphysics Case wavemaker. Is there any idea?

Comments

• There are possible reasons for this. First try to keep the wavemaker still (do not move it). If this fix your issue it means that the problem is related to the way you are moving the wavemaker, otherwise you might have some holes in the geometry you are using. Another possible reason is particle shifting, are you using it? if yes please turn it off.
  • Thanks for your help, I kept the wavemaker still, but it still dropped, and I am sure there is no hole in the domain. possibly shifting is the problem. I have changed its value to 0 (it was 2), but it is still running.
  • Using PartVTKOut you can check why the particles are excluded. If the reason is for position, perhaps there are some walls that were not created.

Note that if you do not create lateral walls, then you have to use PERIODICITY

Regards
  • Thanks alot.