wave decay during propagation

hello

I want to simulate wave structure interaction problem using DualSPHysics. Firstly, I simulated wave propagation by piston wave maker and using suggested value of coefh, stepalgorithm, kernel and some other parameters (I can't use search in the forum so the discussion link can't be found, but I did this like Alex suggested). I found the wave decay can't be neglected. it's about 3%-5% per wavelength in my cases. The water depth is 0.6m and the regular wave lengths are between 2m to 4m in different cases.
I want to know the reasons for the wave decay in DualSPHysics, the relationship between the wave decay and wave length, wave height and water depth and also how to reduce the error. Is there any paper or report dealing with the problem?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• Wave decay is due to the viscosity of the fluid which has to be used to keep the simulation stable. So, if Alex already suggested what you should use as Dp, Smoothing length, artificial viscosity etc... there is not much you can do about this.
    If you want you can post here what are the DSPH parameters you have adopted in the xml file.
    Obviously, if you increase the resolution the wave decay will be reduced, but the computational time will increase.