Different Velocities at different positions of the Piston.

Can any suggest how to input the velocities to the boundary with different velocities at different positions. Like in the SWASH + DualSPHysics simulation.

Comments

• You can only use an external file with positions and time... so that compute positions of the piston starting from the velocity values you wanted

Regards
  • May I know the format of the positioning the values in the file. Here I am attaching a sample file on how I am interpreting.
  • edited October 2018
    In that example, the piston is moving as a rigid body with the external motion data file. But I need the piston that flexes (assigning different velocities at different vertical locations). Like in this Moving Boundary Picture.
  • ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok ok, sorry for the confusion

Beta version 4.3 that will be released during http://dual.sphysics.org/4thusersworkshop/ include some examples of how to do that. That version will be released only for delegates, but the version will be released later as official release (v4.4) once many details are checked and reported bugs are solved.

Regards
  • Can you suggest any alternative to apply the flexing boundary. such as how and where to edit the DualSPHysics code to add that flexing motion to the boundary.
  • You should apply your motion directly on the boundary particles when the position of those particles are updated. You have to navigate in the code to find that (ComputeStep, ComputeSymplectic, etc)
  • Sure. I will try and let you know if I get any results.