SPH-DEM problem particle boundary out

Hi all,

I try simulate fluid solid interaction with SPH-DEM examples, particulary Canelas & Crespo results. In this work, how is gap in boundary and fluid particle?.

Should be 1.5h? and h = 1.2 * sqrt (3 * dp ^ 2)?

I do this but I still have problems between the boundary and fluid condition in the solid that moves.

appreciate you can help me

regards

Comments

• hi ... well thats due to the dynamic boundary condondiition... I you can try increasing the amount of fluid particles and hence the gap becomes smaller. In the canelas benchmark case I did not see nuch a gap. However in my modified cases I observed that the gap builts up with some time ... you might want to take care that you lower the cfl number and be carfule that the acceleration/pressure on the floatings is not perormed too suddenly. A bigger impact or shock by a fast accelerated fluid at least from my observations causes that the gap build up... Let me know if you oberve sth else...
  • I try simulating wave overtopping over a vertical wall and the gap builds up at the wall. Moreover gap width increases from bottom to the top of the wall. A Problem that hinders the comparison with physical model results. (see attachted figure).
  • @hansolooo
    These days I found a problem with the gap between fluid and floating.
    The gap will greatly reduce the accuracy of the calculation results. Only by reducing the dp can reduce its influence, and at the same time, the calculation amount will be greatly increased, the calculation efficiency will be reduced,
    Is there a good way to make some corrections to the phenomenon, or why The calculation formula of the gap is 1.5 h, can the phenomenon be corrected by correcting 1.5 to a smaller value,?so that a more accurate result can be obtained in the case of a small amount of calculation.