how can I compile the source code

hello
I want to modify the source file for my own case, but I can't compile the source code even when I make no change. I just open the .sln file in VS2015 and use the default setting. CUDA 9.1 is also installed properly. The error is "LINK : fatal error C1047: The object or library file 'Intermediate/DualSPHysics_Release_x64/Functions.obj' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries"
please tell me how to compile the source code in a right way.
thank you very much!

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this.
    In fact CUDA 9.2 was released just some days after CUDA 9.1 ;)))
    We will update the package soon with .sln supporting CUDA 9.2

Regards
  • thank you for your reply. but I don't know why the error occurs and it didn't go away when I compiled the newest code downloaded from GitHub. the compilation works in debug build but fails in release build. the debug version runs slowly. I want to know how to compile source code in release build, thank you very much!
  • New package has been released supporting CUDA9.2
  • Hi Alex
    I have the same issue with the new release that the release build generates the following error:
    C1047 The object or library file 'Intermediate/DualSPHysics_Release_x64/Functions.obj' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries

Is there solution to this?

Regards
  • I used MS VS 14.0.24720.00 for compiling
  • I changed my system language to English and reinstalled an English version VS 2015, then the code compiled successfully! I don't know which step is the key but the error has gone away finally.
  • in my case it runs fine with another labguage set. Perhaps the cuda Visual Studia Integration was not recognized by VS. I observed that you need to install cuda first and then install vs... however I was only successfull with VS 2015 ... best h