Run DUALSPHYSICS

edited April 2018 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
First time, I run the DUALSPHYSICS 40s, generating Part_0040.bi4. Later, I want to keep on running 20s on the previous basis. Can I start from Part_0040.bi4?

Comments

• My suggestions assume that you are using a GPU and are running Windows...

First, change the case XML to use 20 seconds of simulation time:

Next, copy the batch script, and give the copy a descriptive name - I just replace "_out" with "_Continue". Inside that batch script, you need to refer to the directory where the first 40s of results are stored, and then to a new directory where the next 20s of results will be stored. For example:

set name=CaseExample set dirout=%name%_out set dircontinue=%name%_Continue

IMPORTANT: so as to not accidentally delete your old results, change the old lines which can create or remove dirout to dircontinue. For example:

if exist %dircontinue% del /Q %dircontinue%\*.* if not exist %dircontinue% mkdir %dircontinue%

Finally, you will need to tell DualSPHysics where to look for the old results and where to put the new results:

%dualsphysics% %dirout%/%name% %dircontinue% -svres -gpu -partbegin:Part_040 %dirout% if not "%ERRORLEVEL%" == "0" goto fail
    Now you can execute the batch script CaseExample_Continue.bat. According to this example, the 20s continuation of this run will be stored in a new directory called CaseExample_Continue.
  • Thank you very much!