Create particle using mode fill

edited July 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Hi all,
I try make simulation of floating ship using external file. from my understanding about floating case we must use mode full for ship to get proper phenomenon. I try using option fill box to fill ship with particle but it doesn't work. can anyone help me how to fill ship with particle so I can get mode full.?

XML file
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5z6dgCwVIC0OUtKVHBKRnpucDQ

Comments

• Hi
    Sorry I didn't understand you question,

you have a *.stl file, with the ship geometry, but you also have a tank. also your modefill is not set to anything..

Cheers,
    G.
  • First youbread the STL but only particles are created in FACE mode.
    Second you use fillbox option to fill the interior of your object with floaying particles (use same mk'as before) you can define limits of a box where your object is included

Regards
  • Hi George, sorry for the unclear question. So I want fill floating object with particle using full mode to get the proper behavior of floating motion. Thanks Alex will try your suggestion.

Regards,
  • edited July 2017
    This is my workflow for filling STLs with particles using fillbox (see Page 44 of XML_GUIDE_v4.pdf for more information about fillbox):

1.) Pick a seed point inside the STL geometry. In ParaView, you can use "Axes Grid" to find the bounds of the object, then select a point somewhere close to the center of the interior space.
    2.) For [ modefill ], use "border|bound"
    3.) For the points, select points slightly below the minimum x, y, and z determined using "Axes Grid" in ParaView
    4.) Size should be at least, but preferably slightly larger than, ( x_max - x_min ), ( y_max - y_min ), ( z_max - z_min ) as calculated from the confines of the STL seen using "Axes Grid" in ParaView

Always check Case_Bound.vtk to ensure that your floating or DEM objects are full of boundary particles. Bisecting the object with the "Clip" filter in ParaView can help with this.
  • Hi NWRichmond
    thanks for your comment and It work(cheer). thanks in advance

Best Regards,