CASESLOSHING how to compute forces acted on boundary walls???

edited June 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Hello Dualsphysics community!

I'd like to know, how to compute the forces acted on boundary walls in the casesloshing example??

Your help is appreciated;

Thank you!

Comments

• Select boundaries by MK and use ComputeForces.exe

Regards
  • 1. Open the CaseSloshingTankCar_win64_GPU.bat with Notepad.

2. add this line:

set computeforces="../../EXECS/ComputeForces4_win64.exe"

and this line after %partvtkout%

%computeforces% -dirin %dirout% -filexml %dirout%/%name%.xml -onlymk:11 -savecsv %dirout%/WallForce
    if not "%ERRORLEVEL%" == "0" goto fail

You should find the MK number either defining it or checking CaseSloshing??.xml file in ???_out folder.

Iman
  • CaseDambreak already includes this example.
    Please take a look first to the testcases

Alex
  • I think I first should learn how to define MK number for a set of particles. Should I define MK value for the walls ? For each wall seperately can I define it?

I will examine the example closer Alex, thank you

Thank you all

• You can define the walls of the tank as separate MK and then use the particles defined by that MK to compute forces on them

Regards
  • edited July 2017
    Thank you Alex,

I believe in the current CaseSloshing example
    setmkfluid mk="0" and _setmkbound mk="1"

One mk is defined as fluid other as boundary I understand that. But I could not figure out where these mk definitions have been made for this example, CaseSloshing.

And if boundary mk is 1, can I simply compute forces on the boundary for mk=1 on this example, CaseSloshing?

Thank you!!
  • Page 91 of the XML_v4.0_GUIDE:
    NOTE value of final “mk”
    mk=mkbound+11
    mk=mkfluid+1

This is because 10 objects are the maximum to define fluid!
  • Hey!
    Thank you Alex!

I wrote -onlymk:12 because boundary mk is 1, and still i compute forces as 0.
    in wallForces document. What am I doing wrong?

I'd appreciate your help very much;

• edited July 2017
    I have also tried mk=11 and it worked :) I have found it from .xml in .out file for future reference :)

Thank you!!
    fixed mkbound="2" mk="13" begin="0" count="2" />
    moving mkbound="0" mk="11" begin="2" count="480" refmotion="0" />
    fluid mkfluid="0" mk="1" begin="482" count="7021" />
  • edited July 2017
    Hey!!

I have found force acting on ALL BOUNDARIES with mk=11 but now I would like to find forces acting ONLY ON SIDE walls in order to compare with experiment results.

Am I able to create a new group with a new "mk" value just designating side walls?? like mk=21, i want it to mean side walls.. I am not sure how to define it seperately?...

setmkbound mk="0" />
    drawbox>
    boxfill>all
    point x="-0.295" y="-0.1" z="0" />
    size x="0.590" y="0.2" z="0.1" />
    /drawbox>

the above is the code now I am using in basic CaseSloshing example

Can i define walls seperately by making both z's equal to 0 with different mk's 0,1,2 ?

Thank you!!
  • edited July 2017
    Actually I have defined with different mk's 4 walls with the same command but this time i could not give motion to all but still only the one with mk=0 is moving so I have changed objreal ref="0-2" but still only mk=0 is moving :)

I know that I am playing with the correct thing .. I am searching how to give motion to both 0 and 1. Now I did 0:1... and it is not working either :) I rewrote those lines, I hope this will let me calculate forces on side walls but still if there is any other way that i dont know how to calculate only side wall forces i would appreciate that :)

I'd be glad if you have other suggestions,

• You can find examples of motions to different MK in the MOTION folder