particle boundary out > type:Floating cause:position p:0 id:89497 ps:(0.329350,-0.000003,0.204499)

Hi,

I have about 140 floating object (small spheres). When I run the simulation with a single or few spheres, the simulation goes untill the end. When I try with the entire number of sphere (about 140) the simulation stops with the following error message:

particle boundary out > type:Floating cause:position p:0 id:89497 ps:(0.329350,-0.000003,0.204499)

Text: A boundary particle was excluded

I don't understand what this error mean and how to fix it. I don't even understand which is the particles excluded.

Thank you in advance

Gabriele Quarzicci

Comments

• Hi I also observed this error message.
    This is usually happening whenever a Floating gets out of your domain. As you might have observed you can "loose" fluid particles (xxxx particles out). However that is not possible with floating particles, because their number needs to be keept constant. The error often happens, if you set the borders of the domain somewhat too close to your boundaries. It also helps for examples, in particluar in low resolution cases, when you thicken the walls.
    Best H
  • Hi, Gabriele Quarzicci. I have also met with the same problem like you. Have you solved it yet?