Transferring DSPH files from computer to computer when using Blender

edited May 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
So I am currently using 2 different computers in order to render DualSPHysics (DSPH) simulations using Blender. One computer allows me to move around much smoother and doesn't have a lag when moving things around within the domain; the second computer is hooked up to my university's HPC and allows me to use 4 GPUs at once, but for some reason is very laggy when manipulating a scene - I am only using this computer to essentially press 'play' to begin the rendering process. My issue here is that when I create a scene on the first computer and save a .blend file, that .blend file has a specific path it follows to use the various DSPH files I have downloaded into the scene specifically from that computer. When I bring that .blend file into the second computer, since the path file does not align with this computer, the files within the .blend file are unable to be processed and implemented into the scene correctly. I have reached out to a blender forum and all they recommended was that I save all encompassing files into the original .blend file but this will result in a very large individual file, which will be a hassle to transfer back and forth. So I was wondering if someone has ever faced a similar issue if they were to switch back and forth between computers when using blender? With that, I was wondering if there is a way to manipulate the path of a certain .blend file so that as long as I have the necessary files on either computer, I can simply change the path according to which computer is being used?

Comments

• Please send your questions to our Blender/Post-processing expert Orlando in orlando@uvigo.es

Regards