Spillway simulation

edited May 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Dears,
I'm trying (and I'm quite newbie on SPH!) to simulate a natural spillway on a mountain torrent with irregular boundaries (riverbed and lateral sides) starting from a 3D model imported by .stl file.
Two questions:

1. is it possible to define a continuous inlet condition (by velocity inlet) or similar and an outlet by open boundary?
2. how to define the lateral/bottom sides of the .stl as wall condition? At the moment there is an overall leakage of the particles outside the domain.

Thanks!
Stefano.

Comments

• 1. is it possible to define a continuous inlet condition (by velocity inlet) or similar and an outlet by open boundary?
    - next version of DualSPHysics will include inlet/outlet conditions

2. how to define the lateral/bottom sides of the .stl as wall condition? At the moment there is an overall leakage of the particles outside the domain.
    - it is important that you visualise the created boundary particles first, those particles are only created within the limits of the domain you initially specify in the XML
  • am trying to simulate a lateral spillway and i got the same problem. To create a velocity inlet am working on a moving palette that moves a volume of water to create this inlet condition, but this system creates undesirable waves , so you have to create a restriction with the vertical velocity, maybe a boundary.

Eduardo.