Combination Floating and prescribe motion

edited April 2017 in DualSPHysics_v4.0
Dear Developer,

Can I make simulation about floating object/ship, which ship have specified mass and give constant velocity where I also generate regular wave using external file(.txt file) for wave maker. so in this case I want generate ship in wave with constant speed also with regular wave.

Regards,

Comments

• We are going to include an option to do sthg like that in next releases.
    Meanwhile you can code it on your own.

Regards
  • Thanks for your comment Alex.

Regards,
  • Hello Alex,

I tried to simulate the similar situations, that is a floating ship running at a constant speed in a regular wave. I made necessary changes to the xml file, but the code aborted with an error message saying floating and moving object can not be simulated at the same time. Then I commented out the floating option and the simulation ran perfectly. Did you mean this feature will be added in the next release? If so, when the next release is coming? Is there any way to make it work for now?

Thanks,
    Shafi
  • The current version can not deal with that problem, you will have to modify the source code. We will try to include this option in the next release.
    During next SPHERIC 2017 Workshop to be held in Ourense (SPAIN) next June we will make decisions about dates of next releases.

Regards
  • Thanks Alex.